Don’t miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour! Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
Catch the train of 7:40 a.m. to Kalambaka in the morning from the Athens Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrive around 12:00 p.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries.
Arriving in Kalambaka, our English speaking expert escort will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For about four hours you will have the time to explore three Monasteries as well as the hermit caves of Badovas. Meteora is included in the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
At the end of the day, our escort will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to stroll around and have a light lunch (not included). At 18:22 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 22:26 back to Athens.
- Discover the astonishing UNESCO-listed Meteora in one day
- Countless impressive views of the countryside during the train ride
- Visit three different monasteries & enjoy the view of the majestic grey rocks
- Small group tour of maximum 12 people
- Free time to explore the town of Kalabaka
- Excellent value for money
There are no reviews yet.